Here are 5 simple tips for creating meaningful traditions with your family.
- Write an annual letter to your children and loved ones. Highlight observations from the year, as well as things you are grateful for, or love about them, and place the letters in the stockings. For example: “I love how you wake up each morning with a smile, and the determination to tackle the day.
- Select a special ornament that signifies an important event in your child’s life that year. Maybe a bicycle to represent learning to ride a bike that year, or a nutcracker to remind your child of seeing his/her first performance.”
- Shop together for a Secret Santa gift for a charity, or volunteer locally to serve others.
- Start a Gratitude Jar for your family. Throughout the month of December, have family members record what each person is grateful for on strips of paper. Beginning on New Years day, pull 2-3 strips to share aloud at dinner.
- Purchase new Pajamas to be opened on Christmas Eve, and watch a favorite family movie together. Top off the night with reading a favorite Holiday classic!